One Dead, Many Injured In Taraba University Fire Outbreak

A 100-level student of the Taraba State University has been reported dead following a fire outbreak at the female hostel of the institution.

The victim identified as Emoseh Lawi was a student of the Tourism Department of the university.

An eyewitness told newsmen that the incident occurred on Friday night when Lawi was sleeping and that she was unaware of the fire outbreak.

She reportedly inhaled smoke, which led to her being unconscious.

Her fellow students were reported to have forced the door and windows open to pull her out but she was confirmed dead at the state specialist hospital where she was rushed to.

”I was told the said lady went to read all through the night for her examination and returned very weak, hence she slept off.

”The cause of this fire is from an electrical socket which sparked repeatedly and suddenly gutted the mattress next to it from which it spread all over.

”When she was brought out of the hostel, she was totally unconscious and could barely stand before the school security men came to pick her up with a Toyota Hilux and she was rushed to the hospital,” the eyewitness said.

The Institution’s Information Director Sa’ad Mohammed confirmed the incident to Channels Television. He said the root cause of the fire outbreak must be uncovered to avoid future occurrences.

He disclosed that the management of the institution was doing everything possible to ensure that the tension is brought under control.

The Taraba State Police Public Relations Officer, Usman Abdullahi also confirmed the incident, stressing that the police have commenced an investigation into the incident.

https://prnt.sc/dT_zM51p_yMY):

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com