Nursing Mother Electrocuted While Trying To Iron Clothes


A nursing mother identified Mishack Obera was in Wednesday electrocuted while trying to iron her clothes.

She reportedly electrocuted at home home in Ter Guma Street of North Bank, a suburb of the state capital.

The incident happened shortly after electricity supply was restored in her locality.

Makurdi in recent months has witnessed multiple cases of electrocution. No fewer that eight people have been electrocuted this year. The incident happened in homes and public facilities.

Mishack’s husband, Obera Emmanuel, a businessman who hails from Olamaboro Local Government area of Kogi State, confirmed the unfortunate development to newsmen in Makurdi.

He revealed that the incident happened on Sunday at their apartment, adding that efforts of neighbours to revive his wife proved abortive.

He noted that a baby’s cry in the room drew attention of the neighbours to the incident, who later informed him on the phone as he was on the other side of town.

“She was ironing the clothes when there was a power surge. Many people in my area said when the light was brought that evening, the current was very high and fluctuating. My neighbour who ate together with me earlier that day confirmed this and said he even experienced a shock that evening in his room.

“Imagine somebody (wife) who called me at 4:52pm only to be found dead in our room eight minutes later. In fact, she had arranged the bath tub to bathe our baby.

“I’m sure it was while she was arranging to bathe our baby that they restored the light and she tried to quickly use the opportunity to iron the clothes she was sewing and got killed in the process. Even the black soap she uses to bathe our baby was already opened and the bath water was already mixed,” the bereaved husband said.

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By :